Home UK What is the difference between tourist visa, General visitor/ Visit visa, Business...

What is the difference between tourist visa, General visitor/ Visit visa, Business visitor visa and Family Visitor/ Visit visa To UK


Every month thousands of people around the world apply for visit/ visitor visa to UK. Lots of people choose a wrong category to apply for visit visa to UK.It is very important to understand the difference between tourist/ Visit visa, General visitor/ Visit visa, Business visitor visa and Family Visitor/ Visit visa To UK.


Family Visitor Visa

The first thing to understand is that Only nationals of countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland can be family visitors.

To come to the UK as a family visitor, you must be able to show that you will be visiting the following family members in the UK Like:

spouse, civil partner, father, mother, son, daughter, brother or sister
grandfather, grandmother, grandson or granddaughter;
son or daughter’s spouse or civil partner;
spouse or civil partner’s father, mother, brother or sister;
stepfather, stepmother, stepson, stepdaughter, stepbrother or stepsister; or
a person you have been living with in a genuine and subsisting relationship, like marriage or civil partnership, for at least 2 years before the day you apply.

General/Tourist Visitor Requirements
The People seeking toursit visa in Uk must meet almost same requirnments like General Visitor visa.
Applicant must be able to show that, during his visit, he do not intend to:
• live in the UK for extended periods through frequent or successive visits;
• Participate in production of goods or provide services
• sell goods or services directly to the public;
• do a course of study;
• take paid or unpaid employment,
• marry or register a civil partnership, or give notice of marriage or civil partnership;
• carry out the activities of other visitor type like a business visitor, a sports visitor or an entertainer visitor
• receive private medical treatment.

Applicant must also be able to show that he :
• is 18 or over
• Intends to visit the UK for no more than 6 months or 12 months if accompanying an academic visitor
• Will leave the UK at the end of visit
• has enough money to support and accommodate himself without working or without the help from public funds
• Capable of supporting himself and any of his dependants without the supported of relatives or friends;
• Can meet the cost of the return or onward journey
• is not in transit to a country outside the ‘Common Travel Area’ (Ireland, the UK, the Isle of Man and the Channel Islands).

What business activities can a business visitor do?
Any person wishing to enter UK as business visitor can apply to UK visit visa if he is one of the following.

Film crewThe applicant must be either an actor/actress, Film/Drama producer/director , technician who is on a location shoot only, employed by foreign company or paid by an overseas company Representative of overseas news media
Employed/ payroll of an overseas company

Academic visitor
A medical practitioner (eminent senior doctor or dentist taking part in research or clinical practice or teaching)

Additionally, you are not eligible you must not:
• Receiving funding for your work from any UK source
• engage in any work other than the academic activity for which you are being admitted as visitor in UK.
• To fill \ normal post or a genuine vacancy in the UK.
Visiting professor accompanying students on a study abroad programme
However, the visitor to UK must be employed and paid by the overseas academic institution, and he must not intend to base himself and he must not seek employment in the UK.

Religious workerAny visitor visiting UK to attend a Religious conference and undertake some preaching or pastoral work during visit to UKt. Applicant must must be based abroad must not intend to take up an office or post while visiting UK.
Adviser, consultant, trainer or trouble shooterThe person must be employed abroad by the company giving services to company in UK.

Person undertaking specific, one-off trainingThe training must be:
provided by your employer or one of its UK branches to learn techniques and work practices used in the UK, But it must not be on the job training.

Doctor undertaking a clinical attachment, or dentist undertaking a clinical observer postApplicable in the following conditions only
Applicant must be graduate from a genuine medical or dental school
Applicant must provide documentary evidence of a clinical attachment or dental observer post which will involve unpaid observation only and must not include treatment of patients

Doctor taking the Professional and Linguistic Assessment Board (PLAB) testHe Must be be a graduate from a genuine medical school and he intend to take the PLAB test in the UK and provide documentary evidence of a confirmed test date or of your eligibility to take the PLAB test.

Other business personsYou can also apply to come to the UK as a business visitor if you intend to carry out any of the following activities Like :
• attending meetings , interviews (Must be arranged before Travel to Uk) and conferences;
• Arrangement of deals, negotiating or signing trade agreements or contracts;
• undertaking fact-finding missions;
• conducting site visits;
• You are a lorry driver or coach driver delivering goods and passengers from abroad and you are genuinely permitted of working on international route.
• accompanying a tour and you intend to leave with that tour group;
• speaking at a in conference where this is not run as a commercial concern.
• representing a foreign manufacturer by coming to service or repair its products or .representing a foreign machine manufacturer by coming to erect and install machinery too heavy to be delivered in one piece.
• Attending Director board meetings in the UK as a director only if you are not employed by a UK company .
• representing a computer software company by coming for installation, debugging or enhancing their products.interpreting or translating for visiting business persons ( Only if you are employed by the overseas company and are coming solely to provide this service for the visiting company member)
• acting as a a fitter or serviceperson for up to 6 months to erect, dismantle, install, service, repair or advise on the development of foreign-made machinery.